Our guest speaker will be Neil Hetherington and his presentation is called “Rescue in the Atlantic – A Vacation Gone Wrong”. After 3 years of preparation in May 2019, the sailboat Boundless, set sail from Whitby, Ontario to Baddeck, Nova Scotia enroute to Portugal. Regrettably, the destiny for Bounty was not Europe, but the bottom of the Atlantic, 1400 miles off the coast. A Mayday was issued by the crew after a rogue wave rendered the 38’ vessel incapacitated. Neil will speak about the voyage, the preparation required to cross the Atlantic and the rescue. The talk will be illustrated with video and photos of the event.
Neil is currently the CEO of the Daily Bread Food Bank. His non-profit experience includes 16 years as CEO of Habitat for Humanity in Toronto and then New York. In lieu of a stipend for today’s talk Neil will bring a Daily Food Bank bin and will be grateful for all non-perishable food donations.
- Butternut Squash and Ginger Soup
- Entrees; choice of:
- Grilled Atlantic Salmon with herb roasted fingerling potatoes, or
- Pan Seared Chicken Supreme with polenta, fresh vegetables
- House made Vanilla Ice Cream served in a tulip cup with fresh berries
- Coffee / Tea
- One complimentary glass of wine
Your registration and e-transfer must be received by February 2nd . Note that you are registered for the event only when we receive your payment, and subject to capacity limit.
You can register electronically (preferred and faster) as follows:
- FIRST by forwarding your electronic payment to Jeff Washer at firstname.lastname@example.org, as described here. Please indicate in the message box who the payment is from and what for; note that the security question is no longer required.
- AND THEN by filling and submitting the electronic form below; please enter ALL the “required” info.
You can also register by filling the traditional paper form (click here to print) AND mailing it with your cheque to:
P.O. Box 77054, RPO Highway 7
6579 Highway 7,
Markham, ON, L3P-0C8
Note that after clicking the “Submit” button ONCE, the page will refresh with your input that you could print for your records.
You can find the latest text of the Waiver of Liability and Consent here.
Electronic registration form: